I was inspired to write 'Recipe for a Picture Book,' after watching Master Chef.
1.Preheat oven to the right moment. Start in the middle of the action.
2. Add 3 cups of concept and theme into a large bowl.
3. Add 2 cups of interesting characters.
4. Knead in conflict and drama.
5. Resist the temptation to add sweetener. It's better not to give your
character what they desire.
6. Sprinkle in a feeling of blue. That all hope is lost.
7. Taste test to make sure an even consistency of pictures and text.
8. Stir your plot until you have a happy resolution where the character is changed in some way.
9. Pour mixture into a pan of 32 pages, approximately 200 to 700 words.
10. Place pan into an oven at 180 degrees of age appropriateness for 20 minutes.
11. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before editing and redrafting.
12.Read with bright eyes and an engaging voice.
13. Turn pages slowly for easy digestion and enjoyment.
14. Serve evenly to children by encouraging an endless love of reading.