December 15, 2012

Christmas Interview with Author Candice Lemon Scott






New to the Sunny State-Queensland, and here to share her Christmas memories and traditions is author and 
Gold Coast friend, Candice Lemon-Scott. 

What are you looking forward to about Christmas?

I’m going camping with my family over Christmas this year. This will be the first time I’ve been away on holidays 
for Christmas so I can’t wait to spend it with my family, enjoying the beach and the warm Queensland weather.




Tell us about your year of writing, book launches, school visits, etc.

This year has been huge for me because my children’s book ‘Hubert and the Magic Glasses and my novel for adults ‘Unloched’ both came out within a few months of each other. It was a complete coincidence and it’s meant I’ve enjoyed joining in with local events like the Gold Coast Writers’ Festival. I’ve also visited quite a few schools including: QIC; Helensvale State Primary School and Payne Road State Primary School. I even went to a Smarter Kids Montessori Pre-School, which was loads of fun. All in all, it’s been great fun doing some ‘magical’ activities with the kids based around the magic glasses idea. I also run a writing service, so it was an absolute joy to discover this year that one of my talented clients, Vacen Taylor, also received her first publishing contract, for a children's story I worked on with her.



Unloched




What does Christmas mean to you?


Christmas to me is all about spending time with my husband and our gorgeous children. There’s nothing more exciting to me than seeing the look of wonder on a child’s face as they take in the magical spirit of Christmas. I’ve also hoped to pass on to them that Christmas is a time of giving as much as it is about receiving. Part of that was taking part in the Angel Walk with my daughters to raise funds for Paradise Kids, a charity on the Gold Coast that supports children experiencing grief from loss or change.

What’s on your Christmas menu?

It will probably be a BBQ lunch by the beach – with some tofu kebabs for me, being vegetarian. I love the summer fruits too, so lots of yummy strawberries, raspberries, mango and cherries – mmmm!

No comments: